Law Offices of Daniel M. Wigon
Law Offices of Daniel M. Wigon


Deferred Action for Immigrant Youth/Dreamers: The Obama administration recently announced that it will offer relief from deportation for young immigrants who were brought to the country as minors and meet other specific requirements.


Having an experienced immigration attorney assist with your "DACA" claim will ensure you the best opportunity to qualify for this program.


You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:

1. Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;

2. Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;

3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;

4. Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;

5. Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;

6. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and

7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.


To RENEW your DACA authorization:


You must still meet the above requirements; and


1.You did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole;


2.You have continuously resided in the United States since submitting your most recent DACA request that was approved; and


3. You have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.


You can file to renew your DACA 120 days before your current authorization ends. Failure to file for renewall before your current authorization ends will result in accuring unlawful presence (for those over 18). If your DACA autorization is expired for longer than one year, you will have to file for an initial DACA filing along with all evidence.



DO NOT TRUST YOU CASE TO NOTORIES OR NON-ATTORNEY DOCUMENT PREPARERS. We see far too many times the errors they can create in your case. The price might be appealing, but your future in this country is not something you gamble on.

Sacramento Office:

1600 Sacramento Inn Way

Suite 228

Sacramento, CA 95815

916 447-8975


Red Bluff Office

442 Walnut Street

Red Bluff, CA 96080




888 788-8094




Monday - Friday

10:00 am - 5:30 pm



(after hour and weekend appointments available)

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Law Offices of Daniel M. Wigon
This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.